- Home »
- The Area
Things to Do in the Area
The Farmers Arms is ideally situated for walkers - a perfect place to stop off for a hearty lunch after a morning's hike!
If exploring the wonderful woods and fields isn't your thing, there's plenty to do just a short drive from our pub.
Stop off for a light bite and make your way to one of the area's many attractions, or how about a morning at the races followed by an afternoon tea in our beer garden!
- Taunton Tourist Information on Visit Somerset - Visit Website
- Horse riding at Netherclay stables - Visit Website
- Cricket – Somerset County Cricket Club - Visit Website
- West Somerset Railway - Visit Website
- Hestercombe Gardens - Visit Website
- Golf at Pickeridge - Visit Website
- Horse racing at Taunton, only 3 miles away - Visit Website
- Horse events at Bickenhall Farm - Visit Website
- Honiton is famous for its antiques shops, for example Visit Website
The Herepath Trails
Why not take a look at some of the Herepath Trail around the area - stopping by for a cream tea of course!
The Farmers Arms is an ideal base to for visiting National Trust properties (click the name to visit the house's website):
- Killerton - 40 minutes, South West
- Knightshayes - 35 minutes to the West
- Dunster Castle - 45 minutes to the North West
- Barrington Court - 20 minutes to the East
- Montacute House - 25 minutes to the East - see our photo album
- Fyne Court - 25 minutes to the North
- Stoke sub Hamden Priory - 20 minutes to the East
Self Catering Accommodation
Looking for a relaxing holiday cottage or self-catering accommodation in Somerset? Then, visit the Lakeview Holiday Cottages which lie nestled between beautiful canals located in the quaint village of Huntworth, and close to the Somerset Levels. They have their very own private twelve-acre well stocked lake, which is ideal for fishing holidays.
Alternatively, for something farther afield, try Little Wing Cottage in Appledore, North Devon. Stop off at the Farmers Arms on the way there (and back!).